Thursday, January 13, 2011

the chateau kitchen


Now I'm not going to make this a kitchen design blog, but I couldn't  help but notice the interest shown in the first picture I put up yesterday, so I thought you might like to see more of that amazing kitchen, as well as a few other oversize,  château cuisine



I think we are attracted in this kitchen to the mellow colour of the old brick walls, the exceptional brick ceiling, the lack of structure to the room, and of course the old cooking range.


Funny though, when we all long for sleek, easy to clean, designer kitchens, how we are drawn towards this room which answers none of those criteria.


 I think if this were my room the only thing I may add would be curtains at the windows, I know about draughty old châteaux, and even with shutters closed at night, I think a little extra protection would be comforting.


 Finally, this kitchen even enjoys one of my favourite features in any house, a view onto an enfilade of rooms.  



Brooke Gianetti put up a great post a few days ago, at her wonderful blog Velvet and Linen about kitchen design, and how she no longer wants any built in kitchen cabinets.  She got me thinking and searching through my old kitchen pics, and I came up with these.  Sleek?  No ...  Full of character?  Well I think so, what do you think?







 photos thanks to Mire images


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
submitgooglesitemap.com Sitemap Generator